2020 SAMOAN CULTURAL CELEBRATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT
$1,000 scholarships will be awarded to this year’s high school seniors who are of Samoan or part-Samoan heritage and plan to enroll in college/university for Fall 2020 Semester. The scholarships are sponsored by the Samoan Cultural Celebration Committee, a group affiliated with the Asia Pacific Culture Center (APCC) in Tacoma, Washington. Seniors attending high schools in the State of Washington are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please download the Samoan Scholarships Application. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION.
Completed applications can be printed and mailed to:
“2020 Samoan Scholarships, ATTN: Lua Pritchard, Executive Director, APCC” in the subject line,
Address: 4851 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA, 98409.
You may also email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, contact Mattye Evans at email@example.com, cell: 253-208-8769.
Applications are also available with high school senior counselors, church Pastors, and from the APCC central desk at 4851 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA, 98409.
• Must be of Samoan or part-Samoan heritage
• Senior attending any high school in the State of Washington
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Letter of Acceptance to a 2- or 4-year college, university, or trade school
• Complete the entire application and the attached (3) three Essay Questions.
• Provide a certified high school transcript, to be mailed by the high school to: Samoan Scholarships Committee c/o Mrs. Lua Pritchard, Asia Pacific Cultural Center, 4851 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA, 98409
• Two letters of recommendation from a school official (teacher, counselor, or coach), church official, or community member who knows you.
• The application package is due June 1, 2020.
PROCESS & DEADLINE (The timeline of deadlines given below is firm. Applicants are expected to meet the due dates, no excuses or requests for delays.)
• June 1, 2020: Application packet due date
• June 6, 2020: Applications Review by Scholarship Committee
• June 7 – 12: Applicants interview with a panel of scholarship committee members.
• June 13, 2020: Final Selection of Scholarship Recipients
• June 14, 2020: Notification to Recipients via mail and email
• Friday, July 31, 2020: Community Dinner/Sharon McGavick Hall-Clover Park Tech. College
RETURN COMPLETED APPLICATION WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS ENCLOSED IN A SEALED ENVELOPE TO:
Samoan Scholarship Awards Committee
Attn: Lua Pritchard, Executive Director
Asia Pacific Cultural Center
4851 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98409