2018 Samoan Cultural Celebration Committee Application for Scholarships.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR SCHOLARSHIPS. Click here to download the application form.
2018 SAMOAN CULTURAL CELEBRATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT
Ten (10) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to this year’s high school seniors who are of Samoan or part-Samoan heritage and plan to enroll in college/university for Fall 2018 Semester. The scholarships are sponsored by the Samoan Cultural Celebration Committee, a group affiliated with the Asia Pacific Culture Center (APCC) in Tacoma, Washington. Seniors attending high schools in the State of Washington are encouraged to apply.
Completed applications can be printed and mailed to: “2018 Samoan Scholarships, ATTN: Lua Pritchard, Executive Director, APCC” in the subject line, address: 4851 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA, 98409.
You may also email your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, contact Mattye Evans at email@example.com, cell: 253-208-8769.
Applications are also available with Senior Counselors of your high schools, church Pastors, and from the APCC Center at 4851 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA, 98409.
• Must be of Samoan or part-Samoan heritage
• Senior attending any high school in the State of Washington
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Letter of Acceptance to a 2- or 4-year college, university, or trade school
• Complete the entire application and the attached (3) three Essay Questions.
• Provide a certified high school transcript, to be mailed by the high school to: Samoan Scholarships Committee c/o Mrs. Lua Pritchard, Asia Pacific Cultural Center, 4851 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA, 98409
• Two letters of Recommendations from any school official (teacher, counselor, or coach), church official, or community member who knows you well
• Application package is due June 1, 2018.
PROCESS & DEADLINE
• June 1, 2018: Application packet due date
• June 6, 2018: Applications Review by Scholarship Committee
• June 13, 2018: Final Selection of Scholarship Recipients
• June 14, 2018: Notification to Recipients via mail and email
• Saturday, July 14, 2018: Cultural Celebration Day and Scholarship Awards
Successful applicants will be announced and presented their awards during the Event Programs, and must attend to be awarded and acknowledged. If you are unable to attend with a valid reason, you may designate your parent(s) to accept your award on your behalf. You will be notified of the event with instructions by mail and a phone call follow-up from the Scholarship Committee.
Note that in addition to your scholarship awards, you and your (2) parents will be special guests at the Samoan Cultural Celebration Dinner Banquet on July 8, 2016. The location and time of this event will be announced in your Scholarship Awards Letter and notification.
RETURN COMPLETED APPLICATION WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS ENCLOSED IN A SEALED ENVELOPE TO:
Samoan Scholarship Awards Committee
Attn: Lua Pritchard, Executive Director
Asia Pacific Cultural Center
4851 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98409